Certified QuickBooks Specialist
We know that as a business owner, having a hold on your finances is critical for your company’s survival and growth. When your business grows to a certain point, hiring a professional to manage your accounting and taxes is very beneficial. We save you time and energy by tracking your finance for you. We are exceptionally equipped to handle your finances and organize your budget for quarterly tax purposes.
As certified QuickBooks experts, we have the skills when it comes to using this accounting software program. We use our skills to manage your business’s general ledger. This includes any type of transaction. We prepare financial reports for your business and even offer the option of managing your payroll for you. We are able to evaluate the legality and required financial documents when preparing your tax returns and organizing your financial records.
Having a professional trained in using QuickBooks software means you have access to someone with advanced knowledge on the best ways to utilize it for your business. Our certified professionals have gone through extensive training and courses, which means they know how to troubleshoot accounting issues that may come up. Using our skills and service, you can increase your business productivity and efficiency in all departments. We also offer a discounted QuickBooks Online Hosting Fee, up to 50%.
Our Bookkeepers are responsible for maintaining complete records of all the money that has come in and gone through your business. They record daily transactions in a consistent and easy to understand way. A professional bookkeeper enables an accountant to do their job correctly.
When you hire our Bookkeepers, they will provide the following:
- Record financial transactions
- Post debits and credits
- Manage payroll
- Maintain and balance ledgers, accounts and subsidiaries
One of our bookkeepers main duties is to maintain a general ledger. This is a dated document that records the amount from your sale and expense receipts. Each purchase and sale must be recorded within the ledger for legal and taxation reasons.
Reconciliation is the most important part of making sure the numbers in your financial records are right. This is an accounting process that compares two sets of records to one another. The outcome must be that the figures are correct and in agreement. Reconciliation also proves that the general ledger is accurate, consistent, and complete. This process is vital for ensuring the integrity of your business’s financial statements, which is why we always recommend having this done by a professional.
Why Should I Reconcile My Accounts?
Reconciling is the only way to make sure your accounting records are accurate. It is central to the month-end close process of your company. Checks and balances is a reliable form of internal control. For cash accounts, this process helps prevent fraud and embezzlement from occurring. When reconciliation is taken care of on a regular basis, this type of activity can be halted before it has a chance to get out of control.
How Do I Prevent Reconciliation Discrepancies?
As experts, we know that there are four main things that need to be monitored to prevent and catch discrepancies.
- Timing Differences: This is most likely to happen when paper checks are used to make payments or make sales. These do not always make it into the monthly bank statement. Fortunately, there is enough access to electronic means of transferring money that these discrepancies are easily identified and rectified.
- Missing Transactions: If a transaction is missed or it is not recorded when it should be, reconciliation will find this issue right away.
- Mistakes: Mistakes can happen due to human error at any time. You may write down the incorrect amount, enter something wrong into a spreadsheet, or be faced with a bank error. Regardless, having your records reconciled on a consistent basis will catch these mistakes fairly quickly.
- Fraud: This is what every business owner probably fears the most. Making sure you have your finances and files done correctly will keep you from being accused of fraud, even if it was purely an oversight. We pay careful attention to details when reconciling for our clients for this reason.
How Often Should I Reconcile?
This really depends on the volume of your transaction and what kind of business you run. It can range anywhere from daily, to weekly, to monthly. We take the time to discuss this with you in detail because each business is unique.
Line of Credit
We also assist our clients in obtaining and using a line of credit for their business. A line of credit is a flexible loan that is given to you by a bank or other financial institution. As a business owner, you can use these allocated funds however you need to. This does require interest payments as well. We help you get approval from the bank by organizing your financial records in the best possible way. This will increase the overall amount the bank will loan you. As opposed to credit card loans, a line of credit is a lower-risk revenue source.
At FJ & Associates we simplify what can seem like an overwhelming amount of things to consider for your business. By putting your finances in our hands, we can use our full disposal of knowledge and skills to take care of everything for you. Our detailed outlines and reports are easy to understand and keep your business on track. We take responsibility for the underlining requirements of your company so you can focus on expansion and growth opportunities.